Everyone loves Betty White. Not only is she a TV star with a career spanning almost 80 years, she’s famous for her wit and positive attitude to life.
This January she turned 96. What’s her secret to long life and happiness?
- I’ve been married three times. And I probably would have still been married three times, even if I knew what I know now.
- I don’t have time to miss much, because I’m still working. I just love to work, so I’ll keep working until they stop asking.
I love to laugh. I really love to laugh. And I think it beats the daylight out of the alternative.
- When I was young we didn’t have Facebook, we had phone book, but you wouldn’t waste an afternoon with it.
Enjoy life. Accentuate the positive, not the negative.
- First of all, keep busy. And don’t focus everything on you.
- My mother taught me to say ‘No’ when I was about 16 years old, and I listened, but I forgot.
I like to play with animals mostly. And vodka’s kind of a hobby.
- Kindness [is the secret to any relationship]. You don’t say the hurtful things even if you’re irritated or upset, because that chips off a little bit of the other guy’s self esteem.
I think everybody should have or cultivate a passion. Don’t be afraid to really get hooked on something.
- I love children. The only problem with children is they grow up to be people.
- Hot dogs are the reason I’m 92. I’m a health nut, as you can plainly see.
- The secret [to staying young] is doing what you love more than anything else in the world.
If you hear me complaining, throw me through that window.
- I don’t try to give advice.