Jamie McDonald aka Adventureman runs every day, but he is no ordinary jogger.
He set out to run across the USA, coast to coast, dressed as a superhero to raise funds for children’s hospitals throughout the country. He has 365 days to complete this adventure.
He documents his journey on social media. He talks frankly about feeling depressed, being stopped by the police and having health issues, but most importantly about being showered with the kindness of strangers along the way.
Here are some of his inspiring quotes to make your day better.
- Wow, my very own Superhero costume, I’m probably living every little kid’s dream in the world right now.
- The truth is, I’m not an athlete. I’m not even a runner. I just love to move.
- Like any big journey, one of the hardest parts is simply getting to the start line.
- If George could cover 623 miles in one go, surely I could run 6,000 miles in 365 days?! [George Littlewood, a 19th century competitive walker – note WHY NOTS]
Every mile is important.
- I’ll keep doing what I’m doing and hope my body holds out.
- My appreciation for even a coffee machine is just sky rocketing. I’m starting to appreciate everything – I’ve found by being stripped back to the bare bones, it’s an amazing place to go if you want your appreciation on the world to improve.
- I crawled in after running 31 miles. I felt proud, both for the miles, but even more than that, for being back into my love bubble, thinking amazing thoughts about the world and the people in it.
- It made me think, would that be me when I’m 65 years old? Content on a farm somewhere? I just don’t no the answer. I’d like to think even at that age Adventureman will be on adventures.
- This isn’t the first time in California I’ve been shouted at by people outside of the tent while sleeping – it’s happened about half a dozen times in the last week, and it made me think about how terrifying it must be to be homeless.
- When you’re in someone’s territory, I always try to say yes to everything, as it helps build a connection quicker.
I love watching people achieve.
- I sometimes forget how much I love it, searching for shade, meeting random lovely strangers, even the mishaps.
- At the end of the day, I know it’s my choice to do this adventure.
Featured Image: Jamie McDonald/Facebook